Monday, August 25, 2008

Spam On The Egomunications Channel

The phrase has been barely coined a couple of weeks and I have already succumbed to a Egomunications Spam.

It basically means mentioning people in your blog posts/tweets or tagging them in facebook photos so they click in any alerts they have set up and read what you are saying about/to them.

I have a variety of Google Alerts set up one for one of our agencies: OgilvyOne. An alert arrived but I couldn't make out from the description what it was on about. I clicked through and got to a specific blog with the sort of random bunch of words and a pop up window that alerted me to the fact that I had several viruses on my machine and by installing this software I could yada yada... wankers but innovative wankers.

Tags:

No comments: